- 3 Minutes to read
Oracle Test Details
- 3 Minutes to read
To view test details -
- Hover over the Tests tab and select Test List or Test Tree
In List view - Click on the test ID or Name; you can also double-click anywhere in the row
In Tree view - Select the test activity from within the tree structure
You can also use the project search to locate your tests
The Test Details page consists of several tabs -
- Linked Requirements
These are in addition to any custom tabs configured for your project.
Looking for the Script, Planned Runs, or Data Sets tabs?
This article is about the information and instructions of a Standard Test.
Click here for Quick Tests
- ID – automatically generated test ID
- Test Name - Click on the Test Name to change it. Do not include special characters (such as !@!$#^&*("") within the Test Name field.
Learn more about Test Statuses
- Path - This is the location in the Tests Tree, where the current test is located (i.e., the name of the Cycle, Folder, and Business Process)
- Ready to Test Indicator
Learn more about when Tests are Ready to Test
- In Scope - A Manager can define whether the specific test is part of the scope of that Cycle (Reports mainly account for “In-Scope” tests).
- Reviewed - An additional control for preparing the tests before execution.
Learn more about how to mark tests as reviewed.
- Defects - The number of How to report defects? currently associated with the test and their current status
- Unassigned Steps / Blocked Steps - the number of Steps in the test that are currently unassigned to a tester / The reason the test is currently blocked
This section includes the Description, Test Objective, and Prerequisites – Information that can assist testers in performing the test according to specific guidelines.
The More Details area provides additional information reflected in various reports such as the Priority of the Test, the Functional Area, Usage, etc.
Click on the number of Covering Entry Points to view the objects covered by the test.
Click on the Information button to view more details for each Entry Point.
Work Plan Section
This section includes the defined Due Date and Work Effort. The Work Effort is an aggregation of all Steps efforts combined.
Additional Info Section
This section includes any custom fields defined.
On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see the person who created the test and its creation date.
This section is where you can define the IT owner and Business Owner of the test.
The Steps tab displays the defined list of activities expected to be performed by the testers. Each step should be assigned to a tester and be reported with a current status. For every test, different Steps can be defined for different forms/objects/applications. Each step can be associated with a Team in order to streamline the assignment process later. You can provide testers with the Responsibility, Menu Path & Object Description details for each step of the business process. These fields will be considered for Test Coverage reports.
Click here to learn how to add a step.
Highlight any Step and click the View Step to drill down to the Step level
Use the Allocation tab for quick step assignment
The Data tab provides shared data that is relevant for all the steps in the test
During test execution, this data will be available to the tester from the View Test Information button
Linked Requirements Tab
The Attachments tab allows the user to attach any relevant artifacts of any format.
The maximum attachment size is 10 MB per file.
To attach video or EXE files, archive them as ZIP and then attach to the test activity.
This tab displays free-hand comments added by users.
You can collaborate with other project users regarding a specific Test, click here to learn more.