- 3 Minutes to read
ForeSight Analysis Options
- 3 Minutes to read
- Highlight one or more of the scoped items in the list
- Select from the following Impact Analysis options -
Displays both impacted and impacting components
Displays a filtered list of impacted components
Displays a filtered list of impacting components
- You can view the analysis in List or Graph view
Panaya displays a list of all impacted components as well as the details listed below -
- API Name
- Comments - You can add or view any existing comments related to the impacted component
- Active - Yes/No, relates to components that can be set to Active in the Salesforce org
- Extracted From Sandbox/Production
Click here to learn how to authenticate your Production org
- In Changes
Use the Add to Changes button to add the Impacted Component to your list of Changes
- Last Used
- Origin (Standard, Custom, 3rd Party)
- Package - the name of the package (custom or 3rd party) associated with the component
- Production Last Modified (Date)
- Production Last Modified By (User)
- Reviewed - Use the Reviewed toggle button to mark any Impacted Component as Reviewed or Not Reviewed
- Sandbox Last Modified (Date)
- Sandbox Last Modified By (User)
- Scope Impact (Directly Impacted, Indirectly Impacted, Directly Impacting, Indirectly Impacting)
- Scope Items
Use the Select Columns button to add or remove columns from the list
Use the View Selector button to filter the list by Common Analysis, Development, Declarative, or Data Usage components.
Learn more about predefined views in your Salesforce analysis
Create custom views by adjusting filters and adding, sorting, moving, or grouping columns.
You can then share your view with other project users.
To view, save, share, rename or delete a custom view -
- Click on the View Selector button
- Select to Save, Save As.., Share, Rename or Delete
Add Scope Item
Click on the Add Scope Item button and select Add New Scope Item to select additional components to analyze. Alternatively, please select a component from the list of Impacted components and click on Add Selected as Scope Item to add the component to the Scope Item list. It is ready for further analysis.
Click on the Assess Impact button to see the Graph view of the selected component and its relationship to the Scope Item and its other related dependencies.
View Source Code
For code-based components (Apex Class, Apex Test Class, Apex Trigger, Visualforce Component, Visualforce Page, Lightning Web Component), Panaya highlights the areas of impact within the code.
You can toggle between Light and Dark mode
View in Salesforce
Use this button for easy access to view the component in SFDC.
Panaya supports displaying components in Salesforce Classic or Lightning Experience.
Click on the Permission/RTs button to see a list of all the Profiles, Permission Sets, and Record Types associated with the selected component. This can be used in conjunction with the Profiles and Permission Sets filter to isolate all the impacted components related to the same Profiles and Permission Sets as the selected object.
The graph allows an immediate understanding of how components are impacting one another.
Learn more about the Graph View
Whether you use the analysis list or graph view, you can add components to your list of changes.
- When in list view, select a component from the list and click on Add to Changes
- When in graph view, right-click on a component and select Add to Changes
To view the list of Changes -
- From the list or graph view of your analysis, click on Scope to go back
- Select the Changes section from the left pane
To add a component to the list, click on Add Changes. To remove a component from the list, click on Remove Changes.
You can select one or more Components from your Changes list and Export them to a Package XML