PrerequisitesBefore starting the installation process, make sure that you have the following privileges:
- Access to the relevant SAP Development
- User with development permissions to:
a. Display, create and execute ABAP programs
b. Running jobs
- Panaya username and password with the Upload Code permission allowed
- .NET Framework, version 3.5 and above
- At least 100MB available in the Windows temp files directory
- SAP GUI for Windows: release 7.20, patch level 7 and later releases (including 7.30)
Supported operating systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10
Supported browsers: Click here for supported browsers information
- Select the Setup tab and then Configuration
- Under SAP Testing, for Testing Tool, select the relevant version (e.g. ECC 6.0) and click Download Code for
If this section does not appear, make sure that the relevant system is selected from the upper drop down list.
- Open the downloaded TXT file and copy the entire source code displayed
- Use the copied source code to create a new executable program in SAP
- Name the program ZPANAYA_RECORD_SCENARIO
- Create a transaction for the program named ZP_RECORD.
The transaction type should be Program and selection screen (report transaction)
- Transport program ZPANAYA_RECORD_SCENARIO and the transaction ZP_RECORD to your QA system
- Set permission to use the transaction ZP_RECORD for all users who are to run tests with the player
Panaya Test Player requires that a transaction with the exact hardcoded name ZP_RECORD be present in the system.
Be sure to create such a transaction and keep the name unchanged.
- The compression utility definition is required only for SAP servers running Windows Only
- gzip definition typically requires SAP Basis permissions
- Download and install gzip from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/gzip.htm.
It is also possible to use WinZip/WinRAR archiving utilities, if already installed on the server.
- Locate either the gzip.exe, winzip.exe or winrar.exe file from the previous step and copy it to the Windows directory or any other directory in the system path.
- In SAP, use transaction SM69 to define the operating system command called ZZ_COMPRESS, based on the command zip/WinZip/WinRAR.
More detailed information can be found here:
Compression Utility Definition for Versions 4.6C, Enterprise 4.7 and ECC5.0
Compression Utility Definition for Version ECC6.0
- Enable GUI Scripting
Panaya Test Management requires SAP GUI scripting to be enabled.
Please set the system profile parameters as shown below:
- sapgui/user_scripting = TRUE
- sapgui/user_scripting_disable_recording = FALSE
- sapgui/user_scripting_set_readonly = FALSE
- Change Trace File SettingsPanaya Test Management uses SAP trace files. The Trace file settings must be changed as shown below, in order for Panaya Test Management to work properly.
- rdisp/TRACE_LOGGING = on, 99 m
Once steps 1-5 are complete, please execute the a validation process that will verify all settings were correctly configured.
Click here to learn how to verify that the Testing Tool Setup was successful (Server Side).
Panaya Test Management requires SAP GUI scripting to be enabled as well as disabling SAP pop-up notifications for accelerated testing.
The process described here must be repeated for every client machine using Panaya Testing Tool.
Follow the instructions described here.
Step 3 - Install .NET Framework
.NET Framework version 3.5 or above must be present on the local machine of each user running the Panaya Testing Tool.
We recommend using .NET Framework version 4.0. Most computers already have .NET Framework, so normally no installation is needed.
If you experience issues while installing Panaya's Testing Tool, please install the .NET Framework from Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
Step 4 - Configure Security Settings
Please ensure that proxy settings are not preventing Panaya's Testing Tool from working properly.
If you have an anti-virus, VPN, Remote Machine or Virtual Machine, you might need to add Panaya to the safe domains list. Sites on this list do not require proxy or any other security permission.
Please add *.Panaya.com to your white-list, or to your exceptions lists (e.g. proxy, anti-virus etc.)
The process to check this can be found here.
Using Google Chrome?Installation of two extension is required in order to use Google Chrome with Panaya.